Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


One time I was at Kate Spade, a designer store, shopping for a Christmas present for my Mom. I knew that my Mom liked tote bags, but I wasn’t too sure of which to get – should it be silver or black? Leather or canvas? I wasn’t too sure. It was obvious that I was a little overwhelmed and a tad bit confused as to what to get my Mom, so I was quickly approached by a sales associate. I had told her that I was looking for a Christmas present for my Mom and  that she liked tote bags. The sales associate had then showed me all of the tote bags that were really popular, offered at a great price, and in the different kinds of colors they had. She had helped me tremendously, and it didn’t even feel like she was trying to make a sale – it felt really natural. I felt like I was with a friend just having a conversation. She even shared a bit of how she was having difficulties finding a gift for her boyfriend, so in a sense we were on the same page. The manager had came out of the backroom after, greeted me, and solidified that my sale was going to be totally worth it. The book says, “If you can’t say who your customers aren’t, you probably can’t tell who your customers are.” (pg. 17) The book’s quote completely relates to me, they knew that I wasn’t there targeted customer, but they helped me find what I needed to find and made a customer out of me after; despite the purchase not being for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment